June 10, 2009

THE PINE NEEDLE




I had a really fun time teaching my first embroidery class at The Pine Needle in Lake Oswego Oregon. Actually, I called it an Embroidery "Club" because I'm still learning things myself! One of the "students" taught me how to make a Colonial Knot. Something I've tried to figure out in the past, but I had a difficult time finding left-handed directions. The ladies in the class were super and patient with this newbie! I had such a good time I'm have 2 "classes" in the fall. One will be a Block-of-the-Month using my A Cottage Year pattern. I had so much fun making this pattern! Each month depicts a little storybook cottage. January has a snowman, July has a flag...you get the idea. Each pattern comes on a 4" x 6" cardstock and on the reverse side is a little painting of the cottage in full color - ready to frame. Every month you can change the painting in the little frame. Kind of a monthly calander without the days! You can see this pattern, along with the other new ones on my website www.kathyschmitz.com
If you are ever in the Portland area it's worth the trip to run down to Lake Oswego to find this gem of a store, The Pine Needle.
Pin It!

No comments: