Picture Perfect is my newest book with Martingale and it's loaded with 16 little embroidery designs to stitch up and use in a variety of projects.
The book offers several ways to use the finished embroidery designs including mats to frame - right in the book!
If you have the book Picture Perfect and you are looking for another project, I think I might have something for you! I have designed a small wallhanging using all 16 of the designs from the book. This time, I'm also adding just a touch of fused applique. The picture at the top shows one of the blocks with the applique.
I will be doing a YouTube tutorial video so that you can stitch along with me if you like!
The stitch along will begin in early March on YouTube - To the Point with Kathy Schmitz. Here is a list of what you will need if you want to join along -
1. Picture Perfect book
2. Light-colored fabric for embroidery background - 3/4 yard
(the sample was stitched on Moda Home Rice Paper Cream)
3. Medium-colored fabric for applique and piecing - 1/2 yard
(the sample used Moda Home Rice Paper Oat)
4. Dark print for piecing - 2/3 yard (plus + 1/4 yard for binding)
5. Freezer paper for tracing the embroidery design and for applique placement
6. Lightweight fusible web 8" x 10" (I really like FlexiFuse which I'm hoping to carry on my website soon).
7. 1 skein floss - color to coordinate with your fabrics
(the sample was stitched using 1 strand of DMC black floss)
9. lightbox or window
10. Tracing tool - I like to use the Pilot FriXion pen
Hope on over to my YouTube station to subscribe so that you don't miss the stitch along!