January 16, 2020

Sampler Embroidery Patterns

 I could look at pictures of antique samplers, some stitched by very young girls, all day long.  I too learned how to embroider when I was little although my stitches looked nothing like those beautiful antique ones.
I recently started designing my own take on samplers and I've become a bit obsessed.  The first one I designed is called Home Sampler.


The images in Home Sampler reflect several different "homes" from beehives to birds nests.  

For Quilt Sampler I picked out some of my favorite sewing related items.


Hooray for the Red, White, and Blue!  

The day slips away so fast when I'm out in my garden


Snow is so magical!  It makes everything so quiet and peaceful.


Sweet memories of childhood Valentine's parties.

Each pattern has numerous stitches, some are standards like the stem stitch and the lazy daisy.  There are also a few stitches that might be new to you like the woven wheel or the fishbone stitch.  Because some of the stitches might not be as familiar as others, I have made a YouTube stitch-along tutorial for Garden Sampler, Snow Sampler, and Love Sampler.  
My goal is to make YouTube tutorials for all of my new patterns - it's always good to have a goal, right?

Happy Stitching!
Kathy
Pin It!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love working on your designs and love the heart sampler, another on my, to get list.

Debbie

Julia Robert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.