September 29, 2009

BOSTON AND BAR HARBOR

Somewhere in Maine on our way back to Boston

Steve and I at Acadia National Park

The fountain in the center of town in Bar Harbor Maine

Steve and I had a fun trip back east to look at the fall leaves and just do a little exploring. We were a little early for the full colorful display of leaves, but it was still beautiful. We drove from Boston up to Bar Harbor and got in after dark. It was a sweet little, quiet town, with a lovely little park in the center. When I decided to check out the town in day light the next morning I was greeted with 4,000 tourists from the 2 cruise ships I didn't see in the dark of the bay the night before. So we decided to take that opportunity to skip town and head up to Acadia National Park - lovely, lovely, lovely! The people in Boston and Maine were wonderful and the LOBSTER was great!
I hope you don't mind me sharing a few vacation photos. I'm having fun with them in Photoshop if you can't tell!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Oh I'm so envious of your trip! You and S look adorable.

Photoshop..dang girl I can't find the time to master Elements and get better pictures on my blog.

Perhaps we have a new "challenge" ahead???

Pat

WoolenSails said...

I love Acadia, one of my favorite places. We rode on the trails, something I will never forget.

Debbie

Laurie said...

4,000 tourists! Yikes! Glad you had a plan B... Sounds like you had a great trip... Lobster sounds sooooo good right now!

See you soon,
Laurie

Bonnie said...

It looks like you had a great time on your vacation! I just wanted to say Hi and good luck at Market! I will miss seeing you!

Chattacat said...

Hi Kathy, If we went to Notre Dame High School in Chattanooga together, write me: Chattacat@gmail.com Thanks, Catherine Hendee