February 21, 2020

Picture Perfect



Picture Perfect is my newest book with Martingale and it's loaded with 16 little embroidery designs to stitch up and use in a variety of projects.
The book offers several ways to use the finished embroidery designs including mats to frame - right in the book!  


If you have the book Picture Perfect and you are looking for another project, I think I might have something for you!  I have designed a small wallhanging using all 16 of the designs from the book.  This time, I'm also adding just a touch of fused applique.  The picture at the top shows one of the blocks with the applique.
I will be doing a YouTube tutorial video so that you can stitch along with me if you like! 
The stitch along will begin in early March on YouTube - To the Point with Kathy Schmitz.  Here is a list of what you will need if you want to join along -

1. Picture Perfect book

2. Light-colored fabric for embroidery background - 3/4 yard
(the sample was stitched on Moda Home Rice Paper Cream)

3. Medium-colored fabric for applique and piecing - 1/2 yard
(the sample used Moda Home Rice Paper Oat)

4. Dark print for piecing - 2/3 yard (plus + 1/4 yard for binding)

5. Freezer paper for tracing the embroidery design and for applique placement

6. Lightweight fusible web 8" x 10"  (I really like FlexiFuse which I'm hoping to carry on my website soon).

7. 1 skein floss - color to coordinate with your fabrics
(the sample was stitched using 1 strand of DMC black floss)

8. batting

9. lightbox or window

10. Tracing tool - I like to use the Pilot FriXion pen

Hope on over to my YouTube station to subscribe so that you don't miss the stitch along!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Laura Watson said...

Cute and unique.

Amazing Finds at Los Algodones MX Dentist

Denise :) said...

I got the book for Christmas; it was all I could do to wait and not pre-order it for myself! LOL! It's filled with really lovely stitcheries! I need to retire so I can stitch all the live-long day! :)