July 10, 2014

New Patterns!

 My new Redwork patterns are now available!  The samples were sewn using my new line of fabric with Moda called A Patchwork Garden.  The fabric will be available in quilt shops in October.  There are several shades of reds and creams to give each piece a scrappy look.  I added a little quote or poem on each cover celebrating the month of the year.  These little hanging measure 12" x 12" and fit nicely on Ackfeld Manufacturing wire and dowel hangers. 

http://www.kathyschmitz.com/shop/Embroidery-Patterns.htm










If you're looking for a bigger project these patterns will also be available as a quilt BOM through several of your favorite shops.
The other project I designed for this fabric line is called Garden Home, a 10 month BOM.  It's an appliqué and embroidery quilt.  I used fused appliqué and then embellished the pieces with embroidery. Ask about it at your local quilt shop or check the list of some of the participating shops on this blog.
close up from Garden Home

Pin It!

6 comments:

Bev said...

ACCCKKKKK! SO ADORABLE! LOVE these! You are so talented! XO

Robyn of Robyns Nest said...

WOW more beautiful designs (quilt,fabric & stitchery), you are quite amazing. I've finally got my sewing mojo back after a few hard & emotional years caring for my beautiful Mum (may she rest in peace)

Kristen King said...

Love these!!! I can't wait to get started! :)

Leeanne said...

Beautiful!!!! I love your workxxxxxx

WoolenSails said...

Love the new patterns and I love the red and white quilt. I have your book and was thinking of doing some of them in appliqué too.

Debbie

Tammy said...

What beautiful new stitcheries you have designed.