November 4, 2010

QUILT MARKET 2010 HOUSTON

Quilt market was a huge success and lots of fun too! I look forward to seeing my friends and meeting lots of wonderful, creative people from all over the world. It is so exciting to go to Market and be inspired by all of the eye candy there. I thought I would share some pictures from market, I hope you enjoy them!



Laundry Basket Quilts by Edyta Sitar. I think I need to have a cute accent like Edyta!


Kate Spain. It was a pleasure getting to now Kate a bit better. This was her first booth at Market and I thought it was adorable.
Bunny Hill Designs by Anne Sutton. I always love Anne's booth. All I need is a grandbaby so I can design a baby room around this adorable fabric.
Minick & Simpson. My friends Polly Minick and Laurie Simpson are creative sisters. They've added a wonderful yellow to their color pallette. The painting was their idea, but the ever so talented Sara Tuttle Khammash painted it. I think she should make it into posters - I love it!
Me and My Sister Barb and Mary have personalities to match their bright colors! These two sisters are a hoot to visit with at market
What can I say about Blackbird Designs? Alma and Barb took the blue ribbon for their booth AGAIN. I really tried to get a nice shot of their booth, but even blurry it looks good.
This was the first market I was lucky enough to have Sandy Klop, American Jane, as my neighbor. This lady is remarkable. She laughed at my jokes! She's such a sweetie.
Joanna of Figtree Quilts always has a sweet, creamy, soft look to her booth - along with a few cute surprises like these stuffed pigs!
Oliver + S Liesl is an amazing clothing designer. OK - I'm ready for those little grandbabies again!
I love Jan Patek's Girl Gang jacket! One of these markets I'm going to steal it right off her back. My name is on there somewhere - how cool is that?!!
Moda challenged the designers to come up with a pillow that tells a story about their life. We talked about them at a schoolhouse at market. This one is my pillow. It was really interesting learning new things about the other designers. We are going to have a pillow blog hop in January - something fun to look forward to!
This was my booth! The lovely quilt was designed, pieced and quilted by my friend and talented designer Barbara Cherniwchan of Coach House Designs. She was generous enough to let me hang it in my booth. The fabric is my new line Full Circle which will hit stores in April. Even the rick-rack around the blocks is part of the panel!
And of course there is Kansas Troubles. I was hoping Lynne would be allergic to her floral arrangement so that I could move it to my booth - it was beautiful!
Pin It!

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love seeing the booths and your booth was beautiful too, love the two tones you used.

Debbie

Mary said...

Kathy, Hi! It's Mary Veneskey in Vancouver...the last time we chatted was in Pittsburg at Spring Market. Sadly I haven't been able to get to one since but thanks so much for sharing your photo's! Absolutely beautiful! I'm SO excited to see your new fabric this spring, as always, love your designs :)

Carrie said...

No matter how many times I see pictures of the star quilt made with your beautiful new collection, it still dazzles! I love that monogram fabric!

Your jokes are funny ~ my brother laughed at the "honey bee" joke... okay, so he groaned a bit first but then he laughed. :)

Your booth is/was beautiful ~ especially when you were there. Have a very happy holiday season and congratulations on the spectacular new collection.

Susan said...

Oh, I loved that tour of shops! Those are the very ones I'd want to see if I were there. Yours looks great!

bingo~bonnie said...

WOW what BeAuTiFuL quilts!!! So glad I found your blog! ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie